Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Birth"day, one and two!!!

Well we finally went to Mackenzie's 2 year check up and like my friend Danielle said, we can now call our babies toddlers... I never really thought that I would be sad about it but I am. I know that Mackenzie is growing so fast and learning new things all the time and talking back... oh so fun... but the saddest thing is that she acts like she doesnt need me anymore due to her going through an I can do it on my own phase! =( But I couldn't ask for a more intelligent little girl... on her actual birthday she counted to 10 on her own while playing with her cards... it was amazing to just sit there and listen to her do that and I couldn't have been more proud! 
Mackenzie is still in the 75-90% in everything: 28.5lbs, 35 3/4in., 46cm (head). She has always been a big girl but I knew she would since I have always been big as well! She only had to receive one shot this time so it wasn't as tramatic considering all that she has been through in the last couple months... But one thing that her Dr. was amazed by was the fact that her and Mackenzie were actually able to have a conversation. She said she is very bright and her vocabulary is outstanding... Makes a parent very proud to hear that! 

2 comments:

  1. Two years old! Seriously - so crazy.... It's a hard adjustment to go from baby to toddler and then little girl. But it only gets better! Keep up the good work Mommy! You're doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very smart you are so lucky, and beautiful. I guess we know she takes after her mom. Watch out boys she will be bossing you around in no time, lol.

    ReplyDelete